Saturday, January 3, 2009

Gearing up for a new semester

Well, I stopped journaling last semester because I was just too frustrated with the bad batch of instructors we were assigned to. I'm slowly getting over it but not without complaining about it. I feel really bad for my fellow students who didn't fare as well as I did due to their instructor's lack of guidance. I already know we will have a repeat instructor for next semester so I just need to keep my tail between my legs until May. I should never see the other again though and that really is a good thing.

We were not given a fall break or a Thanksgiving break like the seated students. When there is inclement weather that closes or delay classes, we attend regardless. If school is lengthened, we attend those days as well. I only hope that as this online program comes to fruitation over the next few semesters, these kinks will be ironed out eventually.

I applied for the Faculty Academic Scholarship and won. That was a huge accomplishment. I have never qualified to apply to anything yet and I not only qualified but I also won this one. It really helped give me an incentive to keep working hard. There are too many days when I wonder if a 4.0 is any better than a 3.75. Well, I do still wonder but I have a feeling the 4.0 definitely helped me gain an edge with this scholarship.

Next semester is the second part of Spanish, second part of History, and Chemistry. I scaled down because fall was not fair to Bailey at all. I hate to see her tugging and pulling at me when I am running behind with my deadlines and cannot give her the attention she deserves. I also want to work with her more to prepare her for K and I have duties at the school that will require more of my time this second half of the school year.

No comments: