Sunday, April 5, 2009

Step 2 Praxis

Apparantly, there are certain steps to this process that must be taken in order to reach the final goal. Therefore, my next step is the Praxis. Since I am so late in realizing this, I really need to get it passed by this summer. I have been advised to drop any summer classes and concentrate solely on passing the Praxis.

In the meantime, before I realized this process, I have been accepted into WSSU starting this fall. I have 2-3 classes I could take this fall at GTCC and then I can take 1-2 additional classes at WSSU. I say 2-3 classes because I am enrolled in two classes but the third class is closed unless someone else drops it or forgets to pay. It is a Speech course so I am not overly anxious to get in there anyway.

I spent Tuesday on campus at WSSU and, after gathering the materials I needed, I felt like I hit a wall. I am already behind schedule in the regular program. Ugh. I am also still reconsidering which major to stick with. I think the elementary education would be much easier overall and less demanding once I secure a job but my passion has always been Math. I think I decided to act on this a litte too late though and I wonder how effective a 60 year old Math teacher would be. I know I would thrive through the 50s but beyond that I just cannot visual it.

Then I have the added dilemma of figuring out all the logistics involved with taking seated classes on campus. I could put Bailey in a preschool but that is only from 9-12 each day and it only gives me time to take 1 class. I'm still a four months away from that problem so hopefully by then we will know more details about Steve's position at work and whether my dad or his wife can help in any way.

No comments: