Sunday, June 22, 2008

Summer Semester

You can tell it has been chaotic since I haven't posted since this semester started. The American Literature class seems a bit challenging since it is so abstract to me. I can read and read this stuff but always wonder whether or not I understood the full concept. It is very confusing and I get frustrated because a lot of the others seem to breeze right through it. I read it, then browse through some educational links online and then form my own conclusions. Good thing I don't want to teach this type of class! The humanities class is much easier and more on my level so far. It is very similar to Sociology and since I am still winding down from that class, this is like an extension of it although on a smaller scale.

I'm ready to get this semester over with though. I'm so tired and only half-way done. I dread the fall semester but it might be my last heavy load in the online program here. I'm going to try to complete another two classes next summer so I will only have 0-2 classes to finish up next fall in 2009.

In the meantime, I have brought up the Amazon Kindle product and questioned why we are in an online degree program but buy books that we can only use once and then are deemed useless and tossed into the landfill. I am hoping with continued harrassment, I can convince them this is the route they need to consider for the future.

No comments: