Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Back to the grindstone

Beginning the semester while on vacation is not recommended. I'm starting off behind and feel very stressed. I was smart to get some reading done beforehand but that simply wasn't enough. I needed those 4 days to familarize myself with the classes and material. I missed two assignments due last Wednesday (geesh, we were still in the middle of the Gulf of Mexico and without internet) and despite checking in Thursday morning, afternoon and Friday afternoon, I didn't notice it until Friday night. By then I panicked and called the instructor and left her an email. I absolutely despise leaving a bad first impression like that. I felt lower than dirt. Also, I was given the wrong textbook and had to exhange it Saturday morning. Meaning, that was another wasted trip to the bookstore. I'm feeling better now and already have this week's assignments finished in that class and we were just given them yesterday. I made a 95 on my first test in there also. Now I'm still behind in my other 3 classes though. So I must return to my studies quickly.

No comments: